DionyMed Brands, a vertically-integrated, multi-state cannabis platform, has an opening for a Cannabis R&D Scientist within our Research & Development group. The cannabis R&D scientist position will be responsible for product, process, and SOP development. They will work across manufacturing on products for the cannabis recreational and health and wellness industry. Occasional travel will be required.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing process or production trials
- Making improvements or modifications to current processes
- Formulating new production processes or stages within processes
- Using design models to develop manufacturing processes
- Generating ideas for new products and researching feasibility in terms of profitability, resource availability and compliance with regulations.
- Recording and analyzing data
- Presenting results to colleagues
- Investigating and testing new equipment
- Liaising with engineering, research, technical and/or production staff
- Supervising junior staff including technicians
- Writing and reading technical papers, reports, reviews and specifications
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
The product development scientist will have a degree in chemistry, food science, food engineering, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, production or process engineering, or materials or physical sciences. The scientist will have experience in the cannabis industry with product development and have a strong working knowledge of federal and state regulations.
Please apply by emailing a cover letter and resume directly to michelle.sitton@dionymed.